IGNOU students must know that how to write ignou assignments in the proper way to score the highest marks. Assignments are the key part of the curriculum and carry a total number of 30% weightage in the overall percentage of a student. if you don’t write and submit the assignments then your grade card will not be completed.
Here we will provide you the step-by-step guide that how we can write the ignou assignments. after reading this post you will be able to get the maximum marks in your assignment same as the below grade card image.
What is an IGNOU assignment?
An IGNOU assignment is a task that is assigned to students who are enrolled in the IGNOU programme. Every year, IGNOU releases the assignment paper in July session for every programme. Then, every student needs to write those assignments for his course and submit before the due date. every Student needs a minimum of 35% and 40%(depending on the course) passing marks in the assignment work.
The assignments are generally project-based and may require students to research and write about a particular topic and questions. The assignments are meant to assess the understanding of the students about the course material and also help them in their upcoming exam preparation.
- How To Submit IGNOU Assignment(Online And Offline Process)
- IGNOU Assignment Front Page
- IGNOU Date Sheet For December 2023 Exams
- IGNOU Assignment Submission Links
Download Proper Assignment paper to Write the IGNOU Assignment
Before start writing the assignment we must know which session assignment paper we need to download to avoid the rejection of assignment in future. IGNOU University has two types of courses, semester-based and year-based. You are in a semester-based program if you appear in exams twice a year, like for BCA, MCA, and MBA, B.com, and M.com, and if you only appear in exams once a year, like in BA, B.Com, M.Com, B.Sc, and M.Sc programs, then you are in a year-based program. If your programme is year-based, you have to write assignments once a year, and if your programme is sem-based, you have to write assignments twice a year. In order to know whether your programme is year-wise or sem-wise, you need to log in to your admission portal.
|Programme category||Assignment Session / Submission Last Date|
|July 2023 Session For Sem Based Programme||write 23-24 assignment and submit till Oct 31st 2023|
|July 2023 Session For Year Based Programme||Write 23-24 and submit in March 2024|
|Jan 2023 Session For sem Based Programme||write 22-23 and submit till 31st March 2023|
|Jan 2023 Session For year based Programme||write 22-23 assignment and submit till 31st Oct 2023|
|If You Have Missed Your Previous Session Assignment e.g. 21-22,19-20 etc.||write current assignment 22-23 and submit with your current session assignment till 15th November 2023|
How To start writing the IGNOU Assignment
After downloading the assignment paper start writing the assignment answers according to the question and try to write the answers in your own words. If you are caught copying answers from elsewhere by your teacher, your assignment can be rejected. You can take help from books or from online sources. here are the few steps and instructions that how to write ignou assignments to get to best marks.
- Read the instructions carefully of assignment paper.
- Write on A4 size paper any one lined or plain you can choose any one its your choice both are acceptable.
- Use margins on all sides of answer sheet.
- Use ball or gel pen which one you prefer both are acceptable but remember don’t use red pen.
- Use black pen for the question and blue pen for the answers.
- Try to draw the diagram where is needed for a better explanation
- Your handwriting must be clear visible, keep your writing neat and clean for better evaluation
- Use a stick file that is hole punched and tied with a rope.
- Assignments must be handwritten, computer typed assignments are not acceptable
- You can attach a printed sheet for the coding/programming just like any other graphical representation. Images, stats, diagrams etc. Other than coding, write everything by your hand.
- Write your answer according the question if there is 20 marks question then minimum answer limit is 500 words for that
For your better understanding we have attach a handwritten image and handwritten pdf that will show you how to write ignou assignment properly check below.
After writing all answers simply make a front page for all assignments front page must have mentioned all require details. Attach separate front page in each course. Use a file for each course code and make a separate bunch for each course. attach the question paper along with your Assignment answers.
Here is a complete article that how you can submit your assignments read this Click here
Some other Tips to get high marks in your IGNOU assignments
- Once you know what is required for assignment, do your research online and from books. Make sure you have a good understanding of the topic before you start writing.
- Don’t leave your assignment to the last minute. Start early so that you have enough time to research and write a good quality assignment.
- Don’t use unnecessary words or fill your paper with fluff. Be direct and to the point.
- Pay attention to spelling, grammar and punctuation. A well-written assignment gets higher marks than one with errors.
By following these tips, you can be sure that you will write a good quality IGNOU assignment that will impress your teacher and help you get a good grade. Good luck!
if you have still any query on how to write ignou assignment then please comment below
FAQ (Frequently Asked Questions)
How To Check Programme Session in IGNOU?
To Check Your Session Simply log in Your Account on ignou admission portal here is the direct link click here. On this Page You can see your session and your assignments/course codes.
From Where Download IGNOU Question Papers?
Simply search your programme or course code on the below link it will redirect you to the particular ignou official assignment page so you can download it easily.
link- Click Here
can we Write both sides on IGNOU assignments
Yes, we can write on both sides of pages on ignou assignment but It will be better to write on one side of the page so that it is easy to read and evaluate for the teacher, and also for the student to have good handwriting.
can we copy assignment from study IGNOU materials
No. You should not copy assignments from study materials provided by IGNOU. Assignments must be completed by students to pass the course. The assignments are designed to assess your understanding of the course material and to help you learn the concepts.
you can use study material as a reference to write your assignments.
Do we Need To write lab/practical assignments?
No, you don’t need to write lab/practical assignments except BCA, only BCA students have to write practical assignments